First and foremost, my thanks to Shaun for the honorable mention. Most of the awards I’ve received have been because of this kind man, and that means a lot to me. http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com. Shaun’s got an interesting blog, unique and honest, and he & I are always able to debate things like reasonable human beings, which is a nice thing indeed.
1) Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3) Share 7 random interesting things about yourself.
4) Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5) Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
7 Things about Lisa
1. I’m a jewelry whore of epic proportions, but I’m also extremely selective in terms of taste.
2. My middle name means “Star Of The Sea” in Latin.
3. I recently tried vegetarianism for about two months. I came out of it with the firm knowledge that I will never be a vegetarian or a vegan. Not unless my life depends on it, and even that is seriously up for debate. You do not want to be around me when you cut out most lean proteins and damn near all external sources of sugar. I was so unpleasant, it was scary. I’m pretty sure I was growling 100% of the time. I know people claim that making the change helps them shed enormous amounts of weight, but I’m not buying that as a long-term benefit. I prefer to remain balanced. Not only will it keep me sane, it will help reduce the homicide rate in my state, and every single place I visit. You’ve all been warned. LOL.
4. I am not a people person.
5. I hate tomatoes (I pick them off of everything and out of salads), but “gravy”, as it is known in my house (that’s 100% homemade sauce for all heathens buying it out of a jar. Worry not, in a pinch I do it too.), is one of the most awesome things in the world, and gets better every single time I have it or make it. It started with my Italian relatives and passed on to my Mom, who was not Italian, but made the most awesome Italian food in the world. Now it’s something my brother & I compete over to perfect. We plan on keeping the recipe in the family.
6. Wearing perfume is like applying moisturizer to me. I always do it.
7. I never forget where I came from, or how far I’ve come in my life.
I now Nominate 15 bloggers:
1. Finding My Inner Courage
2. Fish of Gold
3. Fairytale Epidemic
4. The War In My Brain
5. Jodi Ambrose
7. Not Taken, Not Available
8. Fibro Feist
9. Fibromyalgia This
11. Making Lemonade Out of This Shit
12. The Wonder Twins
13. Headache Diaries
14. Black Box Warnings
15. Knocked Over By A Feather