Songs From Hogwarts
Songs From Hogwarts
My little baby has officially received her name. 🙂
I was hoping to post it with a really good photo, but the little skunk keeps fussing with me every time I take a picture of her. She’ll take off the second she sees the camera, or she’ll get nose to nose with the lens and I’ll have to delete the photo. She’s always in action. I’ve got a bunch of photos of her sleeping, and a few with her eyes rolled back while awake, so it looks like there’s something wrong with her. There isn’t, unless you count the fact that she was climbing around my head this morning and damn near gave me a nose piercing! I immediately grabbed my face and, because she aimed for cartilage, she hit pay dirt on a blood source as she moved the nail from my nose towards my cheekbone. So, not only did she wake me, but she made sure I wasn’t going back to bed because I had a face to salvage. She’s lucky she’s little…
However, the littlest one also has a very cool name. VERITY FIREBOLT. I know what you’re thinking,,, “That’s weird. Why does she have two names?”
For starters, I had several names for kittens picked out. I’ve had them picked out for three years. Verity means “Truth” in Latin and it means “Truth” or “True” in a few other languages as well. As it is spelled, the name is from the movie “Die Another Day”, which has scorpions, diamonds, and James Bond in it (three of my favorite things. I am definitely a Sean Connery & Daniel Craig sort of James Bond fan though, as opposed to others that have played the role. I have seen every single one of those movies more times than I care to count.).
Firebolt, if you aren’t a fan, is from Harry Potter. I always said that if I got a black cat, or a predominantly black cat (at the time I was thinking black dog, but I’m sticking with kittens and cats for the duration after realizing certain things about myself.), I would name it Firebolt. Initially her name was just going to be Verity (I’m calling her V, along with Teacup, as nicknames.), but her personality is definitely that of a little lightning bolt. She’s fiery and fierce, just like her Mommy, and she deserves a strong name. That’s how she got hers. 🙂
This name is so fitting of her. She’s very honest with her emotions and affections, she’s got a lot of attitude, she loves who she loves, she runs around like a cheetah searching for prey, and I chose her name based on all of those qualities. She’s definitely living up to it!
I will post more photos as she continues to settle in and grow. Right now, she’s avoiding the modeling contract. LOL.
Bitter, Icy Drafts
“October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces.” ―J.K. Rowling
*This is sort of how you feel when you’re coming down with something, though as a sufferer of Fibromyalgia, I might feel a lot better in a day or two where these sudden cold/flu symptoms are concerned. Right now though, I am chilled to the bone.*
Thank you to Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com for this award. I swear, no one else is thinking about me when it comes to awards. (I’m sort of kidding, but I’ve gotta give a man his props.)
The rules of this award are the following:
1) Use the logo above in the post.
2) Link to whoever nominated you.
3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
Ten pieces of information about myself:
1. I know more about forensics than I will ever let on.
2. It drives me utterly insane when a person can’t spell or makes basic errors when writing, myself included. We all possess the Spell Check option, do we not? Some people really need to use it. I’m a total word Nazi.
3. It makes me ill when a book is far more phenomenal than its movie counterpart. This is generally the case due to time restrictions, but I’d much rather watch a well made movie in 4+ hours (or broken into two parts, like Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows) than a bad one in an hour and twenty minutes.
4. I’m an October Scorpio. Most people assume we’re all evil, manipulative, and jealous. I am none of the above, which is a benefit of severe self-awareness.
5. One of the most difficult things for me to do is ask for help.
6. I’m really proud of the person I’ve become. I’ve worked hard to be someone I can look in the mirror and respect. I think it’s an incredibly important thing in life to achieve.
7. If I lose respect for you, that’s a big problem. Once you break it, you’re forever on thin ice.
8. I wouldn’t wish Fibromyalgia on my worst enemy, whomever he or she may be.
9. After swearing up and down that I’d never touch or try sushi, I finally did in the last week or so. I have a new favorite type of food! I even went back for seconds.
10. Setting aside the fact that I’m a writer at heart, at the core of who I am, I’m also a frustrated jewelry designer and make-up artist. Those are my secondary creative outlets.
I now nominate 10 people:
10. Bipolar BarbieQ
I hope you can all accept. I chose each person for their unique approach at blogging, which I respect. There’s room here for all of us. Be kind, be safe.
You don’t have to do the whole list to accept the award, as I know many of you are exhausted from them.
Happy Birthday Harry Potter!!
This really made me smile today. My Dad was the one that introduced me to Harry Potter (Initially the books were really marketed towards kids, especially at the bookstore I went to. I remember thinking he must be off his rocker if THIS is what he’s reading! He told me I had to find out for myself. I still have the first edition book I gifted him with that says “Thank you for returning me to the magic…”) and I fell in love with the books,. I know the first movie by heart to the point where I can recite it in its entirety no matter where I am in the house. In fact, I can recite most of them that way. It’s a little disturbing if you’re not used to it.
Putting My Soul To Bed
This is awesome sleep-inducing music, but for some reason it awakens my brain’s creative state and keeps me in a state of productive mania. Even still, I love this.